8.29.2007

Ribbon Scarf, Shibori




I made this scarf right after we returned from The City. I just now cut the rest of the brown alpaca/merino for the fringe. Lazy!!

Anyways, I made this from 100 grams of Valparaiso from Artfibers. It is 50% alpaca and 50% merino. The ribbon, also from Artfibers, is called Zingaro. A big mass of it comes in 100 yard "bunches" and I used probably less than 20% of it.

Meanwhile...
On the Shibori front, I've now made 4 scarves. I have been trying to make them such that the silk between the resists is not crushed and wrinkled. Looking at Karren Brito's work, I can't help but notice that the folds are consistent.

I actually like the texture of the wrinkled silk, but I want to know that I can really make one of these as it should be made. Getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home